Third Annual Drop or Swap
Design For America at Rensselaer presents the THIRD annual Drop or Swap event!
Each year we try to improve the event for RPI students and the local community by recruiting more volunteers and gathering more inventory. Our goal is to divert material goods produced by college living from the waste stream. In preparation for the end of the semester, we would love to help you get ride of stuff that you no longer need or use without adding to landfills.
This year we are having our event at the Union Upper Patio (just like last year!) and we will be colleting the following items:
- Clothes (tops, bottoms, ensembles/dresses/one pieces, accessories, shoes)
- Small appliances (no mini fridges!)
- Office supplies & books
- Dishware & Kitchenware
- Other dorm/household items
- UNOPENED toiletries
- Nonperishable food
- Recyclables (textiles, plastic bags, hangers)
How to participate this event:
1) Gather your goods that you don't need/want.
2) Attend Drop or Swap and look through all the great stuff donated by others! Everything is FREE. You can drop your stuff off on the day of the event.
3) We'll take care of any remaining items by donating them to our local partners Unity House, Troy Zero Waste, and Goodwill.
We will also be doing a pick up on the Saturday before the event (April 29th). If you would like us to pick up your stuff, please make sure to fill out this form (https://goo.gl/forms/cHEuWfhNUI7Me2b03) and leave your stuff at your door.
Rain Location: Mother's (Student Union Lower Level)
We hope to see you there!